Sprint is doing whatever it takes to keep its customer’s trust and happiness. We mentioned to you a few days ago that Sprint provided some security updates to a handful of its devices, but were unsure if the updates included the removal of some dreaded spy software. We now have confirmation that the recent updates being pushed out to a HTC and Samsung devices completely removes Carrier IQ thanks to the gang at XDA. As previously highlighted, the recent updates include both the removal of Carrier IQ software and minor software enhancements. HTC devices will receive automatic notifications starting on January 24th (or you can manually check right now), while the Epic 4G’s update is being pushed out in phases until January 29th. While owners of the EVO Design 4G, EVO 4G and Epic 4G won’t have Ice Cream Sandwich, they will have a piece of mind at least knowing they won’t have tracking software of their devices anymore.
- Samsung shares dip to 2-year low, profit estimates cut
- Non-Sony Android devices get access to Sony PS4 Remote Play thanks to new port
- MediaTek Labs launched to support development of wearables and other devices
- Galaxy Note 4 preorders sell out in South Korea
- [App Review] Amazon joins an already crowded field with Prime Music