Sprint is doing whatever it takes to keep its customer’s trust and happiness. We mentioned to you a few days ago that Sprint provided some security updates to a handful of its devices, but were unsure if the updates included the removal of some dreaded spy software. We now have confirmation that the recent updates being pushed out to a HTC and Samsung devices completely removes Carrier IQ thanks to the gang at XDA. As previously highlighted, the recent updates include both the removal of Carrier IQ software and minor software enhancements. HTC devices will receive automatic notifications starting on January 24th (or you can manually check right now), while the Epic 4G’s update is being pushed out in phases until January 29th. While owners of the EVO Design 4G, EVO 4G and Epic 4G won’t have Ice Cream Sandwich, they will have a piece of mind at least knowing they won’t have tracking software of their devices anymore.
- Getting ‘Showdown’ To 90 FPS In UE4 On Oculus Rift
- Vulnerabilities Found (and Sought) In More Command-Line Tools
- Charity Promotes Covert Surveillance App For Suicide Prevention
- Google To Disable Fallback To SSL 3.0 In Chrome 39 and Remove In Chrome 40
- New Study Shows Three Abrupt Pulses of CO2 During Last Deglaciation